Welcome!





Hi, I'm Mandy McEwen, Founder and President at Mod Girl Marketing and Author/Blogger at 8 Ways in 8 Days.
I am a full time online marketer, business owner, and digital marketing consultant. I love SEO and content marketing. On this blog you'll find some of my recent blog posts and press releases.

To view my early years bio click here and to view my professional bio click here.

Thanks for visiting!





Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Mandy McEwen - Early Bio

Hi, I'm Mandy McEwen - Below you will find my "Early Years" Bio - For my Professional bio - please visit: 8waysin8days.com/about

Mandy McEwen - Early Years Bio

Hi, I'm Mandy McEwen, author/blogger at 8 Ways in 8 Days, Founder and President of Mod Girl Marketing, and full time digital marketing consultant. 

I am from Kansas and call Kansas City home, but I have been traveling for the last few years and am currently residing in California.

So how did I get into this crazy, hectic world of online marketing?

I am not one to "toot my own horn" but for you to get to know me, you need to know my background and my work ethic.


Jayhawk Psychology Grad to Online Marketing Whiz - Yes, Random..I Know

Growing up, I was always a fairly intelligent kid who was fascinated by computers and technology. I was an above-average student and I enjoyed a challenge. I made my future education plans at a young age - I knew I'd graduate from the University of Kansas...and that was my #1 goal, nothing else. I have been a Jayhawk fan for as long as I can remember so going to college elsewhere wasn't an option. In fact, I was so eager to go to college I decided to graduate high school a semester early. This choice was fairly easy because I started taking college courses at the age of 15. By the time I graduated high school I had 18 college credits, the equivalent of 1 college semester.

So, at 17 I packed up my belongings and headed to Lawrence, Kansas for my first semester at a university. Fast forward 2 years - I decide to study abroad for a semester in Santiago de Compostela, Spain - a life changing experience. 1 year later - I graduate from KU at the age of 20 with 2 college degrees - Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Bachelor of Arts in Spanish.


Without boring you on the details of why I chose to major in those 2 subjects, I eventually decided I did not want to attend graduate school. (Although I eventually end up spending enough money in online marketing education to have a graduate degree!) So what did I do? Went and got a job..isn't that what you are supposed to do?! Well, I quickly realized I hated having to punch a clock and more specifically hated having a B-O-S-S!

I think I lasted 6 months at my first real j-o-b before I started asking myself "Am I cut out to work a regular 9-5? Maybe there is something else I should be doing?"

I am naturally a passionate, ambitious and inquisitive individual so settling for less was never really an option for me. I graduated early from high school, from college, excelled at athletics and academics, so why would I settle for a mediocre career? 

Well, I didn't! After realizing how much I disliked working a meaningless job, I started researching ways to start my own business.


At first, I tried a few offline distribution schemes...those didn't work and I lost some $$$. I then moved onto the internet. Jackpot. Well, so I thought.


It Has NOT Been Easy - Online Marketing is a B****

Working a full-time job and experimenting with online business marketing is NOT an easy task. In fact, I went through 2 full-time sales positions and a lot of money before I finally figured out what I was doing online. Internet marketing success DOES NOT happen overnight. Thousands spent in education, purchasing hundreds of guides from so-called internet marketing "gurus", testing out different methods, experimenting with my own cash, and several years later, I start seeing success with my internet marketing ventures. I was DETERMINED to succeed at this whole online marketing gig so giving up was NEVER an option.

With a lot of hard work, determination, and learning from failure, I finally began to REALLY understand this crazy game of online marketing. For nearly a decade I have been marketing for my own, personal websites and also marketing for my clients' websites. I have tried hundreds of different online marketing methods and learned from the best online marketers in the business. I know what it takes for businesses to succeed online and I know how to generate quality traffic to their business which then leads to paying customers.



Mod Girl Marketing - Transforming Businesses Online from Bland to Brilliant™

In January 2011, I officially started my company, Mod Girl Marketing. I have combined my extensive knowledge with other expert online marketers, designers, developers, and copywriters to form the best team in the business. I not only utilize my personal team members but other internet marketing experts and companies to provide my clients with the best possible online marketing services. By having me as your personal online marketing consultant, you not only get access to my team's wealth of knowledge, but my resources and my connections in the online marketing community. This industry is ALWAYS changing and if you are going to be successful you need to surround yourself with people who are changing with it! Myself, my team, and my mentors are constantly educating ourselves on the ever-changing ways of internet marketing. If we don't, we fail and our clients fail.. so we HAVE to stay up-to-date with EVERYTHING that is going on.

I am 100% determined to see HUGE success at my online ventures and I am passionate about learning everything I can in this ever-changing field of online marketing. I'm going to the top and would love to take you with me!
Subscribe to 8 Ways in 8 Days today and start seeing success with your online business marketing ventures!


-Mandy

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing some great tips Mandy McEwen. I loved to reading this awesome post. I want to writing a professional biography about me.

    ReplyDelete